Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Please help!!!

Please read and pass on;

If there is anyone in the Syracuse or surrounding area who would love to welcome a 3 year old Bichon/Poodle into their home, please contact me offlist ASAP. We know of a man who purchased this male for his mother, who then passed away. He's had the dog for a while but lives in an apartment and works 11-12 hours a day. Instead of leaving him alone, he's decided to put him to sleep the day after Christmas. The appointment is already made...YIKES! !!He is good with kids and other animals and just wants someone to pay attention to him.I'm heart broken about this, and we are considering bringing him into our home and hearts - even temporarily - but we already have two furry babies. (Not sure about managing a third???)This little guy is absolutely adorable and I have pictures if you're interested. He's all white, small, up to date on shots, housebroken. I know it's a long shot, but I'm trying to get the word out to as many people as possible. I want to try and save this little life.Thanks so much for any good thoughts or interest.Have a good one!Gina R-G

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, poor dog! I hope you take him temporarily, and help him find another loving family! Its not his fault that noone wants him :(

Goodluck!!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to help but I don't know if we could manage the distance involved between central Penna and Syracuse area. Not too sure either how my son-in-law would react to another animal in the house - we already have a 14 year old, very pampered and spoiled cat - and S-i-L isn't like my daughter or other kids and myself as he thinks dogs should be tied up outside or not have one at all. And I think if you only plan to keep a dog tied up outside, you shouldn't have one to begin with! They belong inside, with their family! He tolerates our cat - simply because he knows if he ever did anything wrong toward her, his wife, my daughter, would have his hide (and everything else) on a silver platter! I'll talk to my other daughter though and see what she thinks.

Anonymous said...

Ron, I wish I could figure out a way to get that little guy down here to Florida. My daughter would love to have him.
I do agree with what Babs said, nursing homes, and retirement villages might be an option. I hope the little guy gets a good home for Christmas. There is just no acceptable reason to have him euthanized, none!