Friday, December 08, 2006

Oh my goodness, what do I call this?

Ok folks,

It's now official. I am going to spend time playing with this blog thing. [no Max, it's not like tennis, you don't bat blogs back and forth over a fence. People use it like a diary, or to rant. Excuse me? Oh, a rant means to complain about things, like 'Why can't I get plaid in stripes', or 'I voted for Lassie, why didn't she take office?']

Sorry for the interruption. Max is an imaginary friend who only understands things that are written. Now, where were we? Oh yeah, I was talking about this blog thing. Now ain't that a funny word, 'blog'. What does it stand for, I wonder? Basket log? Barbeque log? Beer log? no, that would be Beer keg. Aren't these $%%^%# computer terms just the cutest little ole thang? We can even link them. I can just picture that, a virtual link of words like cyber sausage.

Now, to answer the age old question. Ok, it came up yesterday but that was an age, wasn't it? I'll be cyber digging for markets for childrens stories. I know, I can't use the %#@$#^ part, but the rest is pretty clean. Of course when the parents read some of the silly stuff they might be $#%^& me.

I would have put a link in there but I had some cyber eggs and needed a cyber sausage to go with it. I'll pick up some more for next time. Maybe next time I can try to write something a bit more serious. We'll see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ron, this is exactly what we meant! You have a knack for this, so keep it up. Visit other blogs and comment and folks will reciprocate and before long you'll be all over the web! Good job.

Anonymous said...

Uh Ron - we do bat blogs back and forth -via those sausages (links)!

Good blog! Very good. Got a lot of chuckles out of it. Now, keep going - and comment, comment, comment too - in a way that will allow others to bat a blog back to you with their sausage!

Jen said...

Hee! I like your analogy of sausage links and then the way Jeni used it too. :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are finally going to pursue children's writing--I told you months ago I thught you'd be good at it---and I think it even more now!!!
Joyce